Portuguese Language and Culture Courses
Universidade Católica Portuguesa is currently offering two types of language courses for international students: Portuguese as a Foreign Language and Introduction to Portuguese Language and Culture.
Here you can find the information about the courses above:
I - Introduction to Portuguese Language and Culture:
- To discover Portugal and its culture
- To promote the Portuguese language learning
- To promote the Portuguese creoles and idiomatic expressions learning
- To develop in the students attitudes of active observer
- To interact with the environment in a conscious and lucid way
- To consider new ideas and concepts
- To take an active role that enables the creation of an environment of teaching/learning more engaging and effective
- Introduction to Portugal and its culture and language
- Portugal history and geography
- Portugal material and immaterial culture
- Portuguese protocol, etiquette and courtesy language
- Portugal seen from abroad
II - Portuguese as a Foreign Language:
Develop basic skills in the use of Portuguese - verbal and written.
At the end of training, students should be able to:
- Develop of speaking, listening, reading and writing skills; acquire, expand and use new vocabulary, grammatical structures and language functions.
- Use language skills, so that they are able to express their ideas and opinions about situations in a simple, clear and coherent way.
- Create communicative situations in order to use Portuguese in professional and every day contexts.
- Greetings and salutations
- Giving personal information
- Distinguishing between formal and informal language
- Talking about work and routines
- Describing people and things
- Inviting, accepting and declining
- Asking and giving direction
- Expressing tastes and preferences
- Talking about different situations and experiences in the past
- Talking about leisure activities
- Simulation of daily experiences
- Acquisition of knowledge about the Portuguese culture