Students from EU countries should ask for the European Health Insurance Card at their home country.
Students from non EU countries are required to have a health insurance valid for Portugal.
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY DIAL 112
- All 112 medical calls requiring an ambulance in Portugal are transferred from police dispatch to Dispatching Health Center (CODU)
Dispatcher technician completes questionnaire under supervision of regulating physician
- Non-urgent: Advice is given, no team sent
- Urgent: Vehicle sent staffed by physician and nurse
- Helicopters in specific situations
- Urgent, Non-Life Threatening: Ambulance with two technicians
- Patient transported to most appropriate hospital (with doctor and nurse, if necessary)
- Receiving hospital contacted by CODU with clinical details